Skip to main content

Purple Hues - 2 An Interview with Diwakar Pokhriyal




1- Tell us something about yourself. Describe yourself in three words.

I am Diwakar Pokhriyal. I have completed Ph.D. in Energy Management after completing B.tech and Post Graduation in Power/Energy.

I am a freak who wants to write, write and write…and then again.. Write. I have written 12 books, which are published, as of now and all set for another 12 books very soon. I have a passion towards writing and I am sure it will stick around till I am sticking around. Not just that I am a part of 80 poetry anthologies with poets around the world. I have given various online interviews as an author. I have won ‘Aagaman Young Talent Award – 2015’ and ‘Poesis Award for Excellence in Literature-2014’. My Hindi short story was in 18th position in Story mirror-1 contest against 2040 entries. I am also a part of the G.R.V Band as a rhythm guitarist and songwriter. The songs can be enjoyed at the YouTube channel of GRV Band.

In three words I can say – “A frenzy writer”



2- Tell us about your Poem? How did you get the idea for it? What is it about?




The poems I wrote surfaced after the discussion with my parents on different occasions. We can see that at certain points our parents become so possessive that they deny the possibility to explore the possibilities. This happens with all of us. In my poems, I have tried to show both sides of relations. One side that encourages you to conquer the sky and the other that binds you from the creative freedom. While thinking about these things, I have written these poems.


3- Tell us about your Relationship with your Parents? Invite an incident from your Life where you felt deep gratitude towards your family.



It has always been the case. From the start, the relationship is ever amazing, full of love, enthusiasm, and support. The gratitude is endless and one instance ( out of so many) would be the one when I decided to drop a year for my engineering preparation. My parents were all ready for that chance and this gave me extra confidence to move ahead in my path.


4- Tell us about your journey as a Writer.

It is just Fan-task-tick, I mean fantastic. Touching the poetry book written by you and looking at your name on the front page of a poetry book stitches to your soul forever. At that very instant, you don’t even think about anything else. When my first poetry book got published in 2011, when I was in the 1st year of my Post Graduation, it was a feeling of bliss. It gave wings to my dreams and from there started a never ending journey of a writer. As of today, that is in four and a half years of time, I have 12 published books and I am a part of 80 poetry anthologies with poets around the world. I have won ’Aagaman Young Talent Award – 2015’ and ‘Poesis Award of Excellence in English Literature – 2014’. Writing for me is just like breathing, it has become so intense that at times I even think in rhyme!

5- What do you do when you are not writing?

When I am not writing, I think about writing, think in rhyme to create the rhyme .I have completed my Ph.D. in Energy and so that is also a sphere where my attention diverts. Being interested in music and sports also gives me some solace. I have written, played guitar and recorded few songs as GRV Band ( that can be reached in YouTube). All these activities keep me alive and engaged.

6- Who are your favorite authors/ writers?


Harivansh Rai Bachchan, Rabindranath Tagore, Ramdhari Singh Dinkar, Tulsidas, Ruskin Bond, Amish Tripathi and more. I love to read them and try to grasp the meaning in their writing. Poems like, Madhushala, Jo beet gayi so baat gayi, When heads are held high, Veer tum badhey chalo and many more makes me think in much depth and gives me a sneak preview into the mind of the great poets. Similarly, the storytelling techniques of Ruskin Bond, Amish Tripathi, Devadutta Patnaik are just mind blowing. All of them are my favorite authors/writes.


7- How do you see Yourself five years down the line? What will you be working on next?

I really don’t know what to expect, 5 years down the line. But what I do know is that I would be coming with my first Hindi Novel very soon.


8- How was experience with Sanmati Publishers?

I have one of my short story book ‘Fluffy Feathers’ with Sanmati Publishers and they are like family to me. My publishing experience with them was very smooth. I have been to most of the events that happen in Delhi-NCR. Pawan Jain Sir is an amazing person and the Sanmati publisher team is just awesome.


9- What would be your message to our readers?


Keep reading and keep sharing your compliments with the writer. As your compliment gives an extra boost to the writer and improves his own confidence. On the other hand, reach to that writer who are new or not in the limelight. At times, odd writers give you more value for money that the one who is already in the queue. Keep Reading, keep sharing and Keep living! This the only way of Life


10- Would you like to share few lines from your Poetry at Purple Hues-2

“Together we shall win,

Erasing every adversity,

Let us join the forces,

To challenge every calamity”

These are a few lines from my poem ‘Why-O-Why’ and it signifies the importance of the togetherness of parent and child. If parents affirm their child’s dream (whatever he/she dreams of), there would be no other blessings needed. These lines are from a child who wants his parents to understand about his/her creative freedom and that child is pleading to remove the negativities from the mind




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Purple Hues -2 An Interview with Nisha Raju

1- Tell us something about yourself. Describe yourself in three words.  A 19year old, who loves writing. Being a foodie, I love exploring new cuisines and restaurants. Also, I’m a wanderlust. I love Indian history and mythology. I have been a part of numerous Anthologies. Also, I have been penning down articles for various magazines. Writing essays, short stories, etc have always been my hobbies, but writing poems is my passion.I have been winning prizes & medals in various elocutions, debates, essays, extempores, quizzes, creative writing, etc. I have won prizes in Science Projects & presentations as well. Also, I have been serving people as a member of Rotaract club of Thane Downtown. Summing up in 3 words, “Simple, Ambitious, Fun-loving” 2- Tell us about your Poem? How did you get the idea for it? What is it about?  This poem depicts the beautiful relation between Parents and Children. It shows the selfless behavior of our parents towards u

Purple Hues - 2 An Interview with Nikita Goel

1- Tell us something about yourself. Describe yourself in three words. I am a Writer from New Delhi currently residing in Texas , USA. I have been working closely with one of the Best Publishing Houses in India and Abroad. My Short Stories and Poems have been published in almost 7 Books , 5 Magazines and Ezines. I decided to become a Writer after discovering the books of Charlotte Bronte and Jane Austen while attending Delhi University during my Graduation.I am currently working as the Managing Editor and Compiler for Purple Hues Anthology Series with the Sanmati Publishers.One of my Poetry Books  - Rhymes and Rhythm has been released Internationally in 26 countries. I ache for Words. I find my refuge in Stories.Writing is a form of Meditation for me. Three Words that could describe me - Believer , Lover and a Dreamer  2- Tell us about your Poem ? How did you get the idea for it? What is it about? " Return Home" , " Remember " and

Purple Hues -2 An Interview with Purba Chakraborty

1- Tell us something about yourself. Describe yourself in three words.  I am a Novelist and Poet from Kolkata. I have authored three books “Walking in the streets of love and destiny”, “The Hidden Letters” and “The Heart Listens to No One”. I live to write and write to live. I am also a blogger and a web content developer. Singing is my cherished hobby. The three words will be: Dreamer | Optimistic | Free-spirited 2- Tell us about your Poem? How did you get the idea for it? What is it about?  The poems that I have written are “A perfect book for you, Mother”, “Adieu” and “Safe Haven”. “A perfect book for you, Mother” is about the poet’s wish to write a book on her mother who has passed away.  “Adieu” is about the emotional parting moment when the father has to bid adieu to her daughter after her marriage.  “Safe Haven” is a poem about how every malady seems to disappear when a person is nestled in the arms of his or her mother.